Sunday 2 November 2014

master of art

masters of art

this lesson was about shading techniques. and line work. firstly we started of by holding the end of the pencil and drawing straight lines . using the same technique was then started drawing shapes such as circles squares and triangles .



Overall I found my lines quite shakey and feel I could I rove on my line techniques.
Next we went through the different shades of pencil from light to dark. in order to demonstrate shading we used each shade of pencil and shaded a square from light to dark.

Using the shading technique we started to draw three dimensional shapes such as cubes , pyrimids and cylinders and shaded the lighter and darker areas of the shape.
I feel I could work more on blending the shades together. 
In my own time i had to find an object t draw and shade the lighter and darker areas.
Overall I felt my attempt at drawing a can was okay I feel I have recognised the darker and light shades of the object well but could work more on blending the lighter and darker shades together.

Michelangelo


Engraved portrait of Michelangelo
Anonymous. (unknown). Michelangelo. Available: http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/historic_figures/michelangelo.shtml. Last accessed 02/11/14.
Michelangelo 1475 was an Italian artist , in the early years he was known as a primary sculptor . IN 1501-1504 he produced one of his well known sculptures'David' in the city of Florence. In 1508-1512 Michelangelo next major product was the ceiling design in Sistine Chapel, which made him become recognised as Italians greatest living artist.
The last judgement was another peice in which Michelangelo returned to rome in order to paint in the Sistine chapel in 1537-1541. During his later years Michelangelo's main focus was architecture he mainly focused on the great chruch of ST Peter. In 1584 he sadly died in the city of Rome .

unknown publisher architect Michelangelo. (03/11/14). Let there be light: sistene chapel gets LED makeover-video. Available: http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2014/11/let-there-be-light-sistine-chapel-gets-led-makeover-video-3056368.html. Last accessed 05/11/14.


personally i belief this is one of Michelangelos most important pieces of work due to this piece being the main start to his recognition. The ceiling which Michelangelo paint shows his ambition for art.

No comments:

Post a Comment