Sunday 2 November 2014

Dawn of the dead makeup

Dawn of the dead makeup 

In order to create a dawn of the dead look the main focus was to apply an even base colour and to create a symmetrical pattern on the face with fine linework.
Before applying makeup to the models face I made sure the work station is set up appropriately .I then laid couch roll across the work station for hygiene reasons. Lay out any products and brushes you are using for final look . I then made  sure your hair is tied back and  hands were washed before applying makeup to the face.
I removed any makeup using the cleanser toner or moisturizer.
In order to create the dawn of the dead makeup look I began by  applying a white supra colour from the pallet using your foundation brush. This will act as the base for the makeup . blend the colour into the face starting with the centre of the face and blending out into the hairline. Using the Illamasqua loose powder apply this to the face this will make the makeup last longer
 I then Applied contouring to the face using the blusher brush and pink blusher from the makeup pallet.  next I Applied blusher to the convex areas of the face such as the temples under the chin and cheek bones.
Using a fine blending brush and a black colour from the supra colour pallet  I began to shade the large circles around the eyes . Using the same black colour from the supra colour pallet and the angled brush draw fine lines over the lips to create a skeleton affect. Finally  I used a dark and light pink and the angled brush begin to draw fine patterns over the cheeks and forehead to create the dawn of the dead look.

 
unknown. (unknown). vs evil inspiration. Available: http://www.pinterest.com/jadediva23/vs-evil-inspiration/. Last accessed 02/11/14.

This was my first attempt at the dawn of the dead look although my time keeping was good I wasn't very happy with the outcome I felt my line work was messy.
After speaking to Sue about my attempt i explained i was unhappy with the outcome and she said i needed to focus on making my line work look neater, and the design looked overall quite rushed.

In my own time I set myself the task of improving my line work. I struggled to apply lines to the face and found they were shakey and I sometimes ended up smudging the lines due to being left handed. 



uploaded by bubblegothprincess. (unknown). Diy tuesday-stunning day of the dead makeup ideas!. Available: http://kerli.buzznet.com/photos/diytuesdaystunningda/. Last accessed 02/11/14.
On this design i did not create a base colour due to mainly wanting to focus on my lifework, i used a variety of different colours from my supra colour pallet such as white yellow black green and red to create my look. I applied the makeup using a fine angled brush this heeled my lines to look fine and sleek.
This was another attempt at the dawn of the dead look. I mainly focused on line work so there for didn't apply a base to the face . I felt my line work on this look was quite neat .



unknown. (unknown). sugar skull face . Available: http://www.pinterest.com/explore/sugar-skull-face/. Last accessed 02/11/14.

Firstly i applied a hite supra colour to the face using a foundation brush and blended the colour into the skin using the buffer brush. Next i applied contouring to the face using a grey colour from my eyeshadow pallet called caraway, i applied this to the the cheekbones under the chin and the temples using a blusher brush .
Here is another attempt at the dawn of the dead look I felt the colour and shading on this image was applied well however I feel my line work still need improving.

Anonymous. (unknown). scary halloween costumes-witch makeup.Available: http://www.halloweenfreebies.com/scary-costumes.html. Last accessed 02/11/14.

First I applied a white base colour from my supra colour pallet to the face using a foundation brush and blended the colour into the face using a buffer brush. Next i applied green from my supra colour pallet over top of the white to highlight lighter and dark shades using the foundation and buffer brush. In order to draw the fine lines around the features to make the makeup look more cartoon, i used a black from my supra colour pallet and a fine angled brush. Finally i applied green to the next using a sponge to complete my look.

In my own time I had to create a Halloween look for a client the overall i found it quite difficult to apply the makeup due to the lighting being quite orange . The look she showed my was very cartoon like. I felt the line work applied to the image was generally quite good however the base looked patchy i feel if i did not apply a white base the makeup would not look so patchy also by applying the green to the chest and neck using a sponge i felt in the lighting i was working in covered the area well however the light was very deceiving due to this i feel i should have perhaps used a foundation brush to apply the colour rather than the sponge.

#Halloween
On halloween i volunteered to do the makeup for some peoples looks. two of the people i designed makeup for had a very vague idea on what look they wanted, they asked me to create a look which included a white face and red eyes.

For the first design i created (person on the left) i applied a white base colour from my supracolour pallet then added a zombie dirt which i used to shade the convex areas of the faces. Finally to complete the look i applied a variety of red shades from my supracolour palletaround the eyes.

For my next design i created(person on the right) i firstly applied a white base colour from my supracolour pallet, then shaded the convex areas of the face using a grey eyeshadow colour called caraway from my kryolan eyeshadow pallet. Finally in order to slightly bring the eyes out, i used red supracolour around the eyes to act as an eyeliner then slightly smudged the colour into the eyes.


No comments:

Post a Comment