Saturday 8 November 2014

final Elizabethan makeup ideas

Final Elizabethan makeup ideas

By creating a couple of face charts, researching  a variety of artists and Elizbaethan makeup designs i have thought of  a rough idea on how i want my final Elizabethan makeup to look.
For my first face chart design i used a yoth red blusher from my kryolan pallet on the convex areas of the face such as the cheekbones and temples on the forehead. For the lips i used LC009 from my lip pallet, for the outline of the lips i used black pepper, a dark eyeshadow from my kryolan eyeshadow pallet.On the eyes i used to eyeshadow colours a light colour called white pepper which i applied to the eyelid and a grey colour called caraway from my eyeshadow pallet. for the eyeliner i used a red from my supracolour pallet and a white supracolour for the eyelashes and eyebrows .

I really like the outcome of my first attempt at my final Elizabethan makeup design. I wanted to really exagerated the use of red and white in my design.
On my second face chart design i applied a youth red to the cheekbones and forehead. To the lips i applied a red from my supracolour pallet. To the eyelids i applied a grey from my eyeshadow pallet and used a white supracolour which i applied to the eyelashes and eyebrows to create an Elizabethan makeup design.

By creating a second facehcart this gave me a clearer idea on how i wanted my final makeup design to look, on this facechart i have decided for my final look to change the colour of the lips due to the red on the facechart being to harsh.


Comparing the two face charts although both are very similar overall i prefer the first face chart design due to the makeup looking more complete. I also feel the first makeup chart is a good interepretation of contemporary Elizabethan makeup, due to the use of colours and they way the makeup  is applied.

Once i created a couple of face charts which gave me a rough idea on how i wanted my final Elizabethan makeup design to look, i  then tried applying my makeup look from my face chart to th face. In order to give me a clearer idea on what needs to be changed or improved.

Firstly i began by applying a white base colour to the skin, from my supracolour pallet. Next i started to shade the convex areas of the face with a youth red blusher from my Kryolan blusher pallet.Next i applied a white pepper colour which was a light brown colour to the eyelids and layered up the creases of the eyelid using a darker grey colour called caraway from my kryolan eyeshadow pallet. In order to complete my Elizabethan look i applied white supracolour to the eyelashes.

By applying my final Elizabethan look to the face i have decided to make the skin base even paler due to wanting my overall look to really exaggerate the use of colour .  I habe also decided for my final look to change the colour of the lips to a lighter shade of red maybe a gloss rather than the supracolour due to the red i used in the image looks too harsh on the lips. Due to some thorough research I noticed that the women from the Elizabethan era did not really emphasise the eyes as much as the other features on the face, therefore i wanted to keep the eyelashes painted white but maybe consider changing the colour on the eyelids to a lighter colour. In order to make my final makeup design, look more Elizabethan i have decided to block  out the eybrows and applying a white base colour overtop .

Inspirations for my final design

Modern Elizabethan make-up
Anonymous. (unknown). modern Elizabethan. Available: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/536843218052003803/. Last accessed 8/11/14.

In this image of contemporary Elizbaethan makeup , i really like the used of colour applied to the face, the convex areas of the face are not overhighlighted and the colour of the lips contrasts well with the white skin base, although the colour of the lips is a harsh colour it works well with the makeup look . I really like the texture of the eyebrows in this makeup look, i feel it completes the look.
Thom Browne
misty white Sidell. (10/09/2013). Thom Browne eerie New York Fashion Week show is inspired by Elizabethan clowns and preppy Americana .Available: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2416513/Michelle-Obama-favourite-Thom-Brownes-New-York-Fashion-Week-inspired-clowns-Americana.html. Last accessed 08/11/14.

Another makeup look which i found inspiring was the overall look designed by Thom Browne. Although the makeup is quite plain i feel the use of only three colours red black and white contrast and really works well with the overall look .
Antique makeup #stage
pinned by Marga Mun. (unknown). Rebecca Saray. Available: http://www.pinterest.com/margamun/rebeca-saray/. Last accessed 08/11/14.

Another makeup look which i found inspirational was the antique stage makeup image. I really like how the makeup has been applied to the face, the colour applied to the cheeks is realy subtle and contrast with the white skin base colour making the makeup look slightly periodic. I also really like the used of the silve colour applied to the eyelids i feel it really brightens the eyes up. The purple colour applied to the lips works with the overall makeup look however i think maybe a colour which is less harsh like a lilac or a gloss would complete the look .



After having a one to one tutorial with my makeup tutor Kat Vogart, I decided to rethink about my makeup design . Once showing Kat my previous makeup design for my final Elizabethan makeup she explained that my look which  created to others was a similar design to what others had created therefore i decided to think slightly outside of the box.

I decided for my final elizabethan makeup design I wanted to incorporate lace onto the face for my final look. The skin base will be white, due to using the Illamasqua matte skin base foundation in a previous makeup lesson where I created a simple Elizabethan makeup design, I decided this product will be a suitable product for my final design. I then wanted to incorporate a lace pattern onto the face which will be in black, i decided this colour will work well with the white skin base .On the eyes i decided i wanted to apply darker colours such as lacks and greys in order to create a smokey eye effect. For the lips I felt a dark red colour will work well with the contemporary look. In order to complete my Elizabethan look I have decided slight contouring applied to the cheekbones will work well.

pinned by laurenellemua. (unknown). not stated . Available: http://www.pinterest.com/laurenellemua/photo-shoot-love-lace/ (viewed 11/11/14). Last accessed 11/11/14.
In this image i really like the colour scheme used , and how the lace as been situated on the face.


Anonymous. (unknown). lace makeup. Available: http://indulgy.com/post/Z6Z49pKxP1/lace-makeup. Last accessed 11/11/14.

The makeup in the image slightly reminds me of the Elizabethan era, due to the use of colour and the way it has been applied. I feel the black against the white skin works well and the red colour applied to the lips completes the look.





For my final design I wanted to incorporate textures into my design which reflected the Elizabethans clothing . I created a face chart in order to give me a rough idea on what i wanted my final design to look like .

For the base colour i wanted to use  a white matte illamasqua fountain base i didn't not incorporate this product into my face chart due to the product will be unseen against the white paper. 

To the cheekbones and jaw line I used the R12 pink colour from my blusher pallet .

For the lips i applied a pink colour from my lip pallet to the lips however i feel the colour is too light for my overall look and i am considering using a lighter colour.

To create a lace effect to the face i taped lace to the face chart which i used as a stencil in order to create the effect and using a blending brush and a black pepper colour from my eyeshadow pallet i dabbed the colour overtop of the lace .

For my final design i wanted to create a smokey eye look on the eyes . I applied a grey colour (caraway ) to the eyelid to act as a base and the shaded the darker areas of the eye using a darker colour from my eyeshadow pallet ( black pepper )

For the eyelashes on my final design i am considering painting them white using the white from my supra colour pallet. 

In order to complete the design i applied  gems to the floral areas of the lace on the face chart, for my actual design i am considering using pearls.

Once i had spoken to Kat about my final design  the things which she told me  i needed to consider is : a darker colour applied to the lips perhaps a red. and whether i am going to continue with my idea of using lace as a stencil and creating the texture to the face or whether i am going to incorporate the lace into my design by applying the material to the face. In order to have a clearer idea on what i want the outcome of my final design to look like i have decided i need to a few more face chart which are clear and portray how i want the makeup to be applied and perhaps also try applying my final design to the face to get a clearer idea on how my design is going to look.

I experimented with the use of the lace on a face chart firstly i cretaed a face chart with the lace applied to the face chart.
Firstly i applied the lace to the face chart using a glue and then went over the lace which was orignially white using a black eyeshadow pallet.
next using my illamasqua blusher pallet i applied a pink to the circles of the cheeks which i then blended out onto the cheekbones using a lighter colour pink.
To the lips i applied LC008 from the lip pallet which i then mixed with a white.

I like how the lace stands out on this face chart however i feel the material is hiding the technical ability of how the makeup is applied. The lace also covers majority of the eyes meaning the colour applied to the eyes is lost.



Next i created another face chart this time using the lace as a stencil. I firstly secured the lace to the paper using tape and then wnt over the lace using a black eyshadow from my kryolan pallet.
To the eyes i applied a brown to act as  a base coloiur from my illamasqua eyeshadow pallet and then went over thesocket area of the eys using a black from the illamasqua pallet.
The eyelashes were created using a white from my supra colour pallet .
To the cheekbones a pink from my blusher pallet was subtly added to the circles of the cheeks and then a hgilighter was added to bring out the cheekbones.
To the lips i applied LC008 from my lip pallet and then created an outline using a black eyeshadow which i then blended into the lip colour.

I felt the lace on this face chart worked better in comparison to the face chart were the lace was applied to the face chart rather than used a s a stencil as you can see the colour applied to the eyes better .



After practicing my previous face chart design where the lace was situated  across the forehead in my makeup lesson i didnt feel i was as happy as with the outcome as i thought i would be, therefore during my lesson i started experimenting with  how the lace was situated on the face . I felt that the lace worked well when it was situated on only one side of the face .

I also created a face chart with a darker colour applied to the lips i felt by applying a dark colour and outlining the lips with a black eyeshadow this worked well with my design.

Due to so much colour being applied on one side of the face i decided to keep the colour on the cheeks subtle therefore only applying a light pink to the face chart.

I also didnt want to add to much colour too the eyes , i felt it would take the focus away from the lace therefore i felt a smokey eye colour applied to the eyelids and outlined with a black eyeshadow around the socket area would work well.

The only thing i was unsatisfied with on the face chart was the neatness of the lace stencil on the side of the face.
This was my second attempt at the previous face chart i  created i felt the otucome of this atttempt worked better, the colours are applied to the face chart neatly and the lace stencil which i applied to the right side of the face chart is much neater than the previous one, the texture of the material is also clearer on this face chart in comparison to the first one .

However in order to complete the design i feel appling small adhesive pearls to the centre of the flowers would work.


One this face chart i wanted to keep the positioning of the lace stencil the same but change the colour. On this face chart i focused on using only pinks and purples. from my kryolan lip pallet and eyeshadow pallet.
I also wanted to experiment with making the eyes the main focus of my design rather than the lace, i felt the colours and the linework around the eyes worked well however in order to improve this face chart i feel the application of the makeup could have overall been neater.
On this face chart i firstly applied red lip colour from the lip pallet to the eyes eyebrows and lips, i then applied a gold from the illamasqua neutral pallet to the eyelids and a bright pink from my illamasqua blush pallet. In order to create the lace texture around the face i used a lace material as the stencil and using my rounded blending brush stippled the youth red colour from my kryolan pallet into the lace.


On this face chart i experimented with applying the lace stencil around the face chart. I also changed the colour shceme of the deisgn to red and gold on this face chart. I felt the application of makeup applied to the eyesand the use of the two colours together works well.









No comments:

Post a Comment