Sunday 23 November 2014

creating my partners final makeup design

Creating my partners final Elizabethan makeup design

During wednesdays makeup lesson i started to practice my partners final makeup design in order to become more confident with the design for the following  weeks assessment. In order to create my partners final makeup design, i referred to an image in which she had chosen and a rough face charts she had created.


My partners inspiration for her final makeup look came from this image, i referred to this image in order to create something similar for my partners final elizabethan makeup design.



Firstly i began by applying the illamasqua matte white skin base foundation to my partners face neck and ears using a foundation brush and buffed the product into the face in order for it to look more even.

For my parnters final makeup design she explained she wanted a smokey eye look applied to the eye with gold incorporated. In order to create this look i applied a black from my illamasqua matte eyeshadow pallet and then started to applied gold a gold from my illamasqua metalic eyeshadow pallet around the eyesocket using an angled brush which i found was easier to work with. We also experimented with the gold from the supracolour pallet but found the product sometimes looked to hevay on the eyes when applied. I then blended the colours into the eye using my rounded belnding brush and applied a white underneath the brow to bring out the black.

underneath the eye in order to avoid the makeup look from becoming gothic, we applied a softer brown colour blended in with gold underneath the eye using an angled brush. The softer colour underneath the eye worked well.


My partner decided  she wanted flase eyelashes  applied to the eyes and eyeliner applied to the lash line  in order to complete the look.

The colour my parnter wanted to applied a bright red to the cheeks for her final makeup look but wanted to colour to be blended up the cheekbones . I used a youth red colour from my kryolan blusher pallet to apply colour to the cheekbones.

Finally the colour my parnter wanted to apply to the lips was a royal red, in order to create this look i used the red from my MAC makeup collection which i felt worked well.

After speaking to Sue about the final outcome of my parnters makeup she explained the thing smy partner needed to consider was wheher the eyelashes worked and also whether the applciation of the red applied to the cheekbones worked.

After taking Sues advise on board My partner removed the false eyelashes and  I applied white from my supracolour pallet to the eyelashes, which we felt look much better and brought out the colour on the eyes.

After the lesson we stayed later in the studio in order to work on the application of colour on the cheekbones. In order to make the look overall more Elizabethan my partner decided shaping the red blusher into circles and then blending the colour out with a light colour from my glamour pallet  tin order to still highlight the cheekbones worked better.

Once my partner was happy with her final makeup design using my illamasqua matter skin base foundation and to retouch any areas which the makeup was starting to come away from such as around the nose and lips . Finally i used  the illamasqua loose powder which i rolled onto the face using a sponge in order to seal the makeup


After our makeup lesson on wednesday my partner created a final face chart in order to give my a reminder and clear idea on how she would like the final makeup to look.

No comments:

Post a Comment