Friday 17 October 2014

Colour theory

Colour theory


The colour theory is a practical body of guidance to mixing colour. There a three basic colour theory's that are useful: the colour wheel, colour harmony and Colour context of how the colours may be used.

Will Kemp. (2011). how your hairdresser can teach you to mix colour.Available: http://willkempartschool.com/beginners-colour-mixing-acrylic-paint/. Last accessed 17/10/14

Colour wheel


The colour wheel also known as the colour circle is a abstract organisation of colour . The circle also shows the relationships between primary and secondary colours.the colour wheel is based on the three colours red yellow and blue. Isaac Newton developed the first circular diagram of art since then scientists and artists have researched into a variety of these concepts
anonymous. (2012). basic colour theory. Available: http://www.colormatters.com/color-and-design/basic-color-theory. Last accessed 17/10/14.

Colour context


The colour scheme is a choice of of colours used in design for a range of media colour schemes are used to create style and appeal.colour context is observing the effects colours hae on each other. The noticeable differences in perception of colour are the relationship of values saturation and the warmth and coolness of colour.
anonymous. (2012). basic colour theory. Available: http://www.colormatters.com/color-and-design/basic-color-theory. Last accessed 17/10/14.

Complimentary makeup


Carmina Christina . (2012/12/13). that holiday sparkle. Available: http://carminacristina.wordpress.com/2012/12/13/that-holiday-sparkle-my-multi-page-spread-in-veux-magazine/. Last accessed 17/10/14.


Complementary makeup is applying colours to the face which compliment each other

Own interpretation of complementary makeup firstly I applied OB2  cream base foundation using my foundation brush and the D9 concealer from my camouflage  concealer pallet under my eyes and nose then I applied concealer D11 to contour my cheekbones I then applied summer bronzer to over the contour and used a natural tan from my glamour glow pallet to act as a highlighter above my cheekbones brow line and centre of my forehead. I then applied a light brown and dark brown eyeshadow to bring out my eyes with mascara and an eyeliner pen. Finally On my lips I used from my camouflage pallet a natural colour which would compliment my eye colour and would tie the whole look together. 

overall i like the subtle look i created but feel i could have used more contouring in order to make my makeup look more complete.





I created a face chart conveying complimentary makeup using the different shades of purple from my kryloan pallet applied to the eyes, and the summer tan colour from my glamour glow pallet to highlight the convex areas of the face , i also used a nautral colour lip colour from my kryolan lip pallet to complete my look.
Mermaid Health & Beauty Clinic (no date). Private Professional Makeup Tutorial. Available at: http://www.grabone.co.nz/auckland/mermaid-health-beauty-clinic-3 (Accessed: 7 December 2014).
 
The application of makeup in this photograph particualrly the colours applied tot the eyes was my inspiration for my complimentary makeup face chart.
In this photograph i feel the colours applied to the face work well together.

Analogus makeup

Anonymous. (2014/01/29). how to pick eyeshadow colours . Available: http://makeuptipsdiary.com/pick-eye-shadow-colors/. Last accessed 17/10/14.
 



Analogus makeup is applying corresponding colour to the face
own interpretation of Analogus makeup using a facechart:



Firstly I began highlighting the convex areas of the face such as the cheekbones using the pinky colour named TO on my blusher pallet in the added the eyeshadow colours saffron which is a yellow colour black pepper which is a black colour on my pallet and lemon grass which is a green colour to the eyes to create and Analogus look. I then used my eyeliner pen to highlight the outline of the eyes and eyelashes . Finally I used a pink colour on my lip pallet LC009 and applied it to the lips to bring the whole look together.

Overall i like the analogus look i created on the face chart but feel i could have incorporated more colour to the eyes.
I created another analogus makeup design using colours from the kryolan eyeshadow pallet , firstly i applied the shallot purple from my kryolan pallet to highlight the convex areas of the face, i then used the chile blossom pink and yellow from the kryolan pallet to highlight certain areas of the face. I then applied the same three colours around the eyes and using the black supra colour outline the eyes and the eyebrows to complete my design. Using the pink and the purple from the supracolour pallet i applied colour to the lips.
 
I am happy with the outcome of my final analogus face chart design i like how the colours work well together however the only thing i would change is the colour applied to the lips i feel it ruins the look and makes the lips application look messy.
 
 
Color Theory (no date). GarageKitsUsColors. Available at: http://www.garagekitsuscolors.com/color-theory/ (Accessed: 7 December 2014).
 
This was the inspiration for my second attempt at an analogus face chart design i liked how the colours were blended together well around the eyes and decided to using the same technique around the eyes and the face.

Monochromatic makeup

Big Shiba LLC. (2004-2014). the monochromatic makeup test .Available: https://www.blogthings.com/themonochromaticmakeuptest/. Last accessed 17/10/14.



Monochromatic makeup is applying different shades tints and tones of the hue to the face.

Own Interpretation of the Monochromatic look using a face chart:

For my own interpretation of the Monochromatic look I firstly began layering up the saffron colour eyeshadow from my pallet to the cheekbones forehead and chin . I then brought out the eyes using the black colour from my supra colour pallet around the eyes to act as an eyeliner and to the creases of the eyelids to make the look overall my sharp and effective I also extended the lines on the eyeliner . I then added from my supra colour pallet a Bold yellow colour much darker than the product used on the cheek bones to the eyelids. Finally to finish the look off I also add the same colour used on the eyelids to the lips but also added a white from the supra colour pallet to the outline of the lips to make the lip colour look slightly lighter than the colour used on the eyes. As you can see when creating my Monochromatic look I used a variety of different products to create different shades for each area of the face.

Overall i like the face chart i designed for the monochromatic look it clearly portrays the use of one colour and really highglights the lips and the eyes.
For my monochromatic design i used the two shades of pink from the kryolan pallet to highlight the different areas on the face, i then used the pink from my supracolour pallet to create the eyebrows and eyelashes and finally to complete my look i used a bright pink from the kryolan lip pallet and applied white eyeshadow around the outline of the lips to make the lips look overall more lighter.
 
Overall i was happy with how i applied the two shades of pink to the face chart in order to highlight the certain areas of the face however the things i would have changed was the eyelashes .
luxmakeup (no date). The Power of Monochromatic Makeup. Available at: http://luxmakeup.wordpress.com/2011/11/06/makeup-freakin-rocks-the-house/ (Accessed: 7 December 2014).

This photograph was the inspiration for my second monochromatic face chart i like how the colour on the eyes is blended together and how it is highlighted with a metallic colour underneath the brow line to bring out the eyes.

Chromatic makeup

nonymous. (unknown). Achromatic. Available: http://www.pinterest.com/cathmabailey/achromatic/. Last accessed 17/10/14.


Achromatic makeup is applying blacks grey tones and neutral colours to the face.

Own interpretation of the Achromatic look:




In order to create this Achromatic look I firstly applied OB2 foundation to my face and neckand blended it in with my foundation blush I used a smaller blending brush to cover the area around my eyes and nose.  I then used my buffer blush to blend the product into the face leaving no patches. I used concealer D9 on the creases of my eyes under my eyes and nose .
I the  started to contour my look by adding concealer D11 from my camouflage pallet to the cheekbones and blending it in with my finger and then buffer brush I then applied the product under my nose slightly and on my temples and blended the product in. I used blusher 101 over the contour on my cheekbones nose and forehead. I then used pale tan from my glamour glow pallet to act as a highlighter I applied this to my cheekbones brow line and centre of my forehead. Next I added from my supra colour pallet a black to act as an eye liner and also applied this to the crease on my eyelid and lips. I then added pale white eyeshadow to my eyelids and some mascara to finish the Achromatic look.

overall i really like the chromatic look i created it shows the use of black and neutral colours and contouring in the cheekbones is also highlighted.
I created a achromatic  face chart by using the black eyeshadow from the kryolan pallet to highlight the convex areas of the face i then used the illamasqua neutral pallet to highlight the eyelid crease and brow line on the eye to complete the application to the eyes i outline the eyes using a black form my supracolour pallet which i also applied to the lips.
 
Overall i am very happy with the outcome of the achromatic face chart i feel the application of makeup applied to the eyes works well and is symetrical, the only thing i would improve on is perhaps making the lip application neater.
Zoe Clark
Makeup... (no date b). Makeup... Available at: https://www.pinterest.com/cathyn926/makeup/ (Accessed: 7 December 2014).
This photograph was the inspiration for my achromatic face chart design i really like how the makeup has been applied to the eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment